To protect the health of our patients, staff and visitors, as we combat COVID-19, our Visitation Policy has changed effective March 18 and updated as of July 1, 2020. Thank you for helping us protect the health of our community who we are honored to serve. See 'News' for the current hospital visitation policies.
Naval Health Clinic Quantico works to ensure safe and quality healthcare to our beneficiaries. With that in mind, the following family, family guest and visitor policies are in place:
- Family is defined by the patient, or by the patient's representative.
- Family guests are those who are accepted by the patient, and who have some prior connection to the patient: friends, neighbors, buddies, unit members. The patient has the right to accept or reject any visitors.
- All photography, videotaping, and audio recording are prohibited in the hospital. This includes clinical areas, patient care areas (e.g. exam rooms, nurse stations), common areas like hallways, elevators, and dining facilities, as well as exterior outdoor hospital spaces. These steps are taken to help maintain the privacy and safety of our patients and staff members. Any exceptions to this policy must be cleared by Public Affairs in advance and non-compliance may result in further corrective actions.
- Children under 15 years of age must always be accompanied by an adult other than the patient or the primary support person. The total number of family and family guests will be managed by the patient in collaboration with the primary nurse to ensure we are meeting the healthcare requirements to enhance wellness.
- The primary nurse has the ability to bend the guidelines if appropriate, in consideration of specific patient-family situations.
- All visitors, please remember all patient areas are quiet zones.
- Personal pets are not permitted in the hospital.
- Because some patients are especially at risk to infection, visitors with a cold, flu symptom or any other contagious illness should check with the primary nurse to discuss appropriate protection and visitation.
- Infection control and safety are among our top priorities. Rooms must be maintained in good order. Please use closets and storage spaces in each room for personal items. Properly dispose of all trash items.